How to share a big file (and 50 other things you might want to teach your parents)

Recently my dad, Eugene, asked me to help him backup all his pictures and files to avoid potentially losing important memories. The conversation that followed was interesting as I attempted to explain how great cloud storage was, but suffice it to say that my dad wasn’t convinced that sharing large files online was really that easy or seamless using just his Google account.

I’m sure my dad isn’t the only one nervous about losing important documents. To help our parents better understand technology, a handful of us at Google decided to create a website-- TeachParentsTech.org. The idea is to have a place where “kids” can send basic how-to videos to their moms, dads, uncles-- whomever. Here’s a video I made that walks through how to backup and share a large file:



To see more videos or to send someone a tech support care package of your own, visit TeachParentsTech.org.

Post a Comment